The Step2 Company, LLC is the nation’s largest toddler toy manufacturer and marketer of high quality plastic products. Thomas G. Murdough, Jr., the founder and former president (1969-1989) of The Little Tikes Company founded Step2. He launched Step2 on a basic philosophy of quality, value and service backed by a commitment to customer satisfaction. Step2 strives to go A Step Beyond in the quest to become the leader in developing innovative products for the family and home.
I got to review the Gourmet Cafe Kitchen, This is one of the new Kitchens featured for 2009. it’s features are:
- Kitchen appliances include “stainless steel” oven, stove-top, refrigerator and coffee pot
- Features open “window” for prep n’ serve play; builds cooperative learning skills
- Provides plenty of storage space for playtime accessories – utensil hooks, “stainless steel” dish rack and removable fruit and veggie storage baskets
- Features electronic sounds in both the stove top and phone
- Special pot and pan activate electronic boiling and frying sounds in the stove’s front burner
- Extra large & deep sink features a swiveling faucet, push button, and an additional prep sink area
- Accessory set includes 2 table settings and serving utensils (accessories may vary)
- Durable poly construction wipes clean easily and lasts for years
- Requires 2 “AAA” and 2 “AA” batteries (not included)
- Made in USA of US and imported parts (some accessories and phone made in China)
- Minimal adult assembly required
When I saw the big box arrive I thought it was going to take forever to put together It was actually very simple, it comes in three large parts, and all you have to do is connect and put the screws in. One downside was there were no holes for the screws i had to make them.
We love this kitchen, it has plenty of accessories and tons of space, I love the fact that it has hooks to hang your utensils on, and even a hook for the phone.
Step 2is also holding a contest to celebrate creativity in the kitchen for both parents and kids, Step2 will award one grand-prize of a new dream kitchen suite from Frigidaire, including a refrigerator, dishwasher, over the counter microwave, and oven, as well as a new Step2 toy kitchen of their choice. The “Step2 Creative Kids in the Kitchen Contest” is asking families to submit an essay of 250 words or less on how they foster creativity when cooking and have fun in the kitchen together. Second place prize is a Step2 kitchen of their choice, while one third place winner will receive a $50 gift certificate good toward any toy on step2.com.
this contest will end December 4, 2009
I am giving away a Gourmet Cafe Kitchen to one lucky reader
Leave me a comment telling me your favorite (fake ) food to make as a child?
Subscribe to my feed Rss or email: 8 entries
Blog about this giveaway: 10 entries
follow me on twitter: 2 entries
Tweet about this giveaway: 4 entries (can be done daily)
fav my technorati: 3 entries
visit step 2 and tell me another product you like: 5 entries
giveaway ends 10/28/09