Family Happiness is being able to spend time together as a family among our busy schedules. It’s watching the smiles on my children’s faces.
YMCA locations on Long Will be participating in Healthy Kids Day this Saturday April 27, 2013.
This event is open to the public even if you do not have a YMCA membership.
I attended with my family and they have so many exciting and fun things for kids to do. They had family Zumba, Mad Science, a petting zoo, and so much more. It is mainly to make you aware of the programs the YMCA offers and why you should join. We came home with literally a case full of information, along with goodies for the kids.
I think my kids favorite part was the Fire Truck they had for kids to look at. They allowed the kids inside, they got to try on the jacket and hat, and even got to spray the hose.
Tax season is almost over and I know many people wait until the last minute to file, as they waited to long for a W-2, or other information.
Here are some tips to get you on track and started early for this year and next.
- Request electronic copies of your tax forms- Most employers will give you the option to receive your W-2 through email or on the web. You’ll get your tax return sooner and won’t have to worry about postal delays.
- Securely Store documents online-Avoid the mess and stacks of paperwork by storing all of your documents online securely. The free secure service at Master Lock Vault will help.
- Think taxes all year around- Don’t start preparing in February or even March. Start planning and having receipts and documents ready and in one place all year long.
- Opt for direct deposit- If your expecting a tax refund, opt to have it sent direct deposit. It’s faster and easier. If you owe money pay online, it will save you time from having to wait at the post office.
- Call for help- You might need outside help. There are great resources on the IRS website and also a toll free number you can call.
If you sign up for the Master Lock Vault to store your documents, and get a Vault account you’ll be entered in to win 1 of 5 1,000 prizes. It’s part of their Master Lock Tax Relief Rewards Sweepstakes.
We filed super early this year so to keep all my receipts and blogging documents safe, I will be storing them in a locked file safe.
The 7148D holds up to daily use and is perfect for storing important documents like Birth Certificates or even holding money.
***The 7148D is perfect for my documents. We are putting together the file folders right now for our Birth Certificates and tax paperwork. The 7148D is light weight and esy to move around. It comes with two keys and is easy to unlock and lock. One thing I did notice is that the lock moves around, so I had to use my nail to get it to line up so the key will go in.
I do feel a lot safer now that I know important documents are locked up.
You can get The 7148D from Master Lock for $21.09
Lysol is starting a new campaign to help keep families healthy. They want to make sure families are taking the correct steps to keep their families healthy with sanitizing and proper washing etc.
One of my favorite products is Lysol wipes, they help keep my kitchen and bathroom counters clean. Plus having 3 kids so many things get spilled, perfect for clean up.
- Here are some Lysol Healthing tips:Don’t overwhelm yourself, take it one room at a time.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting.
- Start with a wipe down like Lysol wipes, then use a disinfectant spray
- disinfect things you don’t normally do like door knobs, handles and drains.
- Most important* Remember to wash your hands!
Most illness’s are brought home and then linger on doorknobs, and other places. The illness will keep spreading if you don’t get rid of the germs. Don’t just make your house clean, but make it healthy too.
Lysol Healthing campaign goes beyond it’d products, to provide education and motivation to keep a healthy family and home. including……
- 65,000 schools to promote healthy habits and hygiene
- providing education programs for new mom’s and their newborns
- Working with third parties to get the word out like the PTA, National associations of pediatrics, and more.
Helping spread the word to everyone Lysol has teamed up with Giuliana Rancic, to visit YMCA’S around the country to demonstrate healthing in action. At the demonstrations they will showing attendees a hands on approach to healthy hygiene habits at home. They will also be showing ways to make it fun and exciting for kids to get involved and enjoy it. Lysol will also be donating products to the YMCA along with a one year membership to a deserving Family.
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Recently Eggo Waffles Recently launched The Great Eggo waffle Off, a challenge for waffle lovers to submit their most creative recipes for a chance to win $5,000.
Any kind of Waffle recipe will be accepted, whether it’s breakfast, lunch or diner recipes.
Eggo Waffles is also enlisting the help of 15 mom and food bloggers to help give you inspiration, they will be sharing their recipes on Facebook.
For more information or to enter your own recipe into teh contest Visit Eggo’s Facebook page.
A shared recipe to get you inspired
Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Preparation Time: 15 Mins.
Total Time to Serve: 15 Mins ½ Servings: 3
6 Kellogg’s Eggo Minis Homestyle waffles
3 scoops (2 tbsp. each) Breyers French Vanilla Ice Cream
Mulit-colored sprinkles (optional)
1. Prepare Kellogg’s Eggo Minis Homestyle waffles according to package directions. Cool for 10 minutes.
Disclosure: No compensation was received for this post.
LifebankUSA is the only company that offers cord blood, placenta blood and tissue banking — and the first to release placenta-derived stem cells for a successful transplant — New Jersey-based LifebankUSA is a technological leader that is pioneering key medical innovations in the field. Owned by the Celgene Corporation, a world-class biopharmaceutical company, LifebankUSA also operates a robust donation program and collects cells from anywhere in the US for use primarily in advancing medical research.
LifeBankUSA is hosting a giveaway on their Facebook page for three top rated Britax Marathon 70-G3 convertible car seats in a random drawing. The Giveaway is valued at $231.99 each.
Contest ends 4/30/13
Go and enter now for your chance to win on their Facebook page.
Disclosure: This is a compensated post.
My Dirty Jobs, the company that makes cleaning products formulated to handle the dirtiest jobs, is launching a nationwide search for America’s top Mess Masters.
To enter the contest send them a photo of your biggest Mess Master, the messiest mess you can find. If your photo is chosen as the winner, you can receive a years worth of service from Molly Maids. Your mess can be from a animal, child or of course a mess you made yourself. Take a photo and send it to My Dirty Jobs.
Grand Prize: Molly Maid service for 1 year
1st Runner Up: $500 gift card
2nd Runner Up: $250 gift card
Eleven weekly prize winners will receive a $100 gift card
Disclosure: I received a gift card to try the products and promote the gift cards. All opinions are my own.